Save the dates!
The Series will Kick-Off on October 29 1PM-3PM and will run Fridays 1PM-3PM in November (Lung Month)
with Welcome Address from Dr. Joel Moody, our new Chief Prevention Officer.
Mark your calendars now, and for more information on upcoming and past Occ-tober events
Occ-tober 2021 session 1: Framing the Future
- Welcome Address – Dr. Joel Moody, Chief Prevention Officer
- Arif Jetha, Institute for Work & Health – Anticipating and preparing for Change in the Future of Work and OHS
- Health Canada – Chemical Management Plan updates- Helping to protect firefighters from Harmful Chemicals
- Katherine Kirkland, Association of Occupational and Environmental Clinics- Typing, Toluene and Thapsigargin; Newspapers, Nail salons, and Pharmaceutical manufacturers – Reporting Exposures in Workers and Industries in a Systemic Manner
- Genevieve Luensman & Barbara Wallace, NIOSH – A framework for standardized patient work information that can be documented in Health IT systems
Popular culture awareness of Occupational Illness/Disease and the Hierarchy of Controls due to COVID-19 pandemic continues to be leveraged by OHCOW through Knowledge Mobilization and our Occ-COVID webinars and resources and the longer latency priorities of the Occupational Disease Action Plan (ODAP). OHCOW , through their clinical work and cluster investigations and focus on vulnerable workers provide a unique perspective on a full circle occupational illness/disease prevention approach (primary , secondary & tertiary) .