Recent Highlighted Content
An Occupational Disease Cluster Investigation is opened at the request of an individual, a worker organization or a community group when a cluster of workers from a shared workplace or industry experience the same health conditions. The goals of a Cluster Investigation are:
- to evaluate exposures and identify those that should be reduced or eliminated
- to screen workers for early signs of disease so that treatment can mitigate harm and compounding exposures are avoided
- to help workers and their families in the decision whether to file claims for compensation and to provide individualized occupational hygiene and medical assessments that can be used as evidence in that process
Temporary Foreign Agricultural Workers’ Program
Every year thousands of temporary foreign agricultural workers come to Canada to work in the agriculture industry, including 20,000 arriving in Ontario to work on farms and in greenhouses.
The Provincial Expert Advisory Panel on Occupational Health and Safety, and subsequently, the Ontario Ministry of Labour (MOL), have identified this labour force as a group who face barriers in accessing effective occupational health and safety resources and support.
Work With Us
What We Do
We provide a wide range of services for individuals, groups of workers and/or Joint Health and Safety Committees (JHSCs), in
- Information/Inquiry Services
- Ergonomic Assessments
- Medical Diagnostic Services
- Occupational Hygiene Services
- Group Services
- Outreach and Education Services
- Research Services
How to Get a Referral
There are four types of referrals that can be used to obtain access to OHCOW services:
- Health Professional Referrals
- Joint Health and Safety Committee (JHSC) Referrals
- Advocate Referrals
The OHCOW Team
At the core of each clinic is a dedicated team of occupational medicine professionals who are available to provide medical examinations for a full range of work-related injuries and illnesses. The OHCOW Team is made up of:
- Occupational Medicine Physicians
- Occupational Health Nurses
- Occupational Hygienists
- Coordinators and Administrators
OHCOW Clinics are located across Ontario in major centres serving large catchment areas.
Call us toll-free at 1-877-817-0336
or use the form below to contact OHCOW online.
An OHCOW representative will get back to you within 48 business hours.
If you would prefer to contact a specific clinic, use our *Clinic / Region Listing