Working in the Cold and the Ergonomics of Snow Removal
Date: December 18, 2020
Presenters: Andre Gauvin (Occupational Hygienist) and Trevor Schell (Ergonomist), from OHCOW’s Northern Region.
We become accustomed to working in the cold and shoveling snow each year as winter progresses. But are we doing everything we can to minimize long term health effects when engaged in snow removal, or other work, in cold temperatures?
This recorded webinar examines:
- Short- and long-term health effects of being in a cold environment
- The body’s physiological response to colder temperatures
- Precautions that can reduce the effects of cold on our bodies
- Preventative measures to engage in prior to performing snow removal
- Selecting the correct snow removal equipment for you
- Proper shovelling techniques that can be used depending on the type of snow
- Helpful hints to avoid injuries and heart attacks
Comments are closed.