- Jordan Barab. Acts of God, Acts of Man. WorkingUSA, vol. 7, no. 2, Fall 2003, pp. 7–23.
- Bob Barnetson. 2010. The Political Economy of Workplace Injury in Canada. Athabasca AB: Athatbasca University Press.
- Steven Bittle, Ashley Chen, and Jasmine Hébert, “Work-Related Deaths in Canada,” Labour/Le Travail 82 (Fall 2018): 159–187.
- Cancer Care Ontario and the Occupational Cancer Research Centre. "Burden of Occupational Cancer in Ontario," http://www.occupationalcancer.ca/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Burden-of-Occupational-Cancer-in-Ontario.pdf
- Ann Del Bianco and Paul A. Demers. "Trends in compensation for deaths from occupational cancer in Canada," CMAJ Open 2013.DOI:10.9778/cmajo.2013-0015.
- Jason Foster and Bob Barnetson. 2016. Health and Safety in Canadian Workplaces. Athabasca AB: Athatbasca University Press.
- Sean Tucker and Anya Keefe. "2019 Report on Work Fatality and Injury Rates in Canada." 25 Apr. 2019. Regina, SK: University of Regina. https://www.uregina.ca/business/faculty-staff/faculty/file_download/2019-Report-on-Workplace-Fatalities-and-Injuries.pdf