Is Your Cancer Work-related? Webinar
Thu, 04 Feb 2021
Is Your Cancer Work-related?
Update: Video now available!
Evaluation survey here.
Up to 1 in 5 cancers are work-related, but frequently go unrecognized and unreported.
More than half of OHCOW’s work is dedicated to investigating and determining work-relatedness.
Mark World Cancer Day by joining OHCOW staff (and guest) to learn the latest on cancer risks, workplace factors, prevention strategies and how they might relate to you, your family or colleagues.
Making the Case for Occupational Cancer:
- Understanding Work-relatedness; How (and why) to make the Link, Michelle Tew, Occupational Health Nurse
- Exposure Assessment is Key, Masood Ahmed, Occupational Hygienist
- Recognizing common carcinogens e.g. Diesel, Kevin Hedges, Occupational Hygienist
- Capturing Collective Wisdom, JP Mrochek, USW Worker Advocate
- Extrapolating the Knowledge & the Science, Shirly Yan, Occupational Hygienist
Slide decks coming soon!.
More information about other events in this Occupational Disease Prevention Winter Webinar Series.
This event is also listed on WorldCancerDay.org where you can view information about other events also being held to mark World Cancer Day.
More information about Work-Related Cancer.