- An effective way of reducing noise is for a company to establish mandate that only allows machinery to be purchased that is less than 75 decibels.
- Vibration control (isolators, damping)
- Quiet materials for conveyors, bins (noiseless steel, plastic coatings, etc.)
- Silencers, mufflers, specially designed compressed air nozzles
- Balancing rotating parts, avoiding harmonic frequencies, etc.
- Avoiding impacts in process flow (slide instead of drop)
- Enclosures, barriers, curtains
- Sound absorbing acoustic wall/ceiling treatment
- Increasing distance from source