Health Professional Referral
If your patient has an injury or disease that you/they believe is work-related, you can refer them to the OHCOW clinic nearest you for an assessment. Our interdisciplinary team of occupational physicians, occupational nurses, ergonomists, industrial hygienists and client service coordinators will investigate their condition and provide an opinion regarding whether or not their health problem is work-related.
Please note that OHCOW does not address the following issues:
- Acute treatment or ongoing medical care
- Non work-related health problems
- Fitness for work or modified work determinations
- Musculoskeletal problems from more than 10 years ago
- Pre-1990, FEL or NEL level of disability appeals or re-assessments
- WSIB case management
- Disability Claims (i.e. CPP, STD, LTD, EI, ODSP)
OHCOW is a not-for-profit clinic, funded by the Prevention Office of the Ministry of Labour.
There is no charge for our services.
To begin the referral process, please contact the clinic nearest you.